The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon long I'm currently doing a fishless cycle in, been running just a couple of days now, but I'm seeing evidence of the cycle starting (I have been adding seachem stability), but I'm also starting to see some of that while filmy moss stuff growing on the grotto rock. I have an established 10 gallon that's due for a water change, so my question is: Can I use the old water from my established tank to wash off some of that film? I was hoping it may add SOME good bacteria, or at least not take any that has established itself away.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I would personally just use a toothbrush to slough it off and suck it up with a water change. If you want to add beneficial bacteria is would suggest using a little piece of filter sponge from your established tank to seed the filter of your new tank. I don't think there would be much benefit to using your established tanks' water to wash your rock honestly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.