The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble getting rid of all the fish poop from my aquarium. Due to having a lot of rocks and plant, the poop gets stuck down inbetween the rocks and is really hard to get to with the siphon. In the end I've had to remove all the rocks in order to actually get rid of all of it. Any tips here? I'm also having quite a bit of trouble getting my new siphon started.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Get a good canister filter. It will keep things moving at substrate level where it will become suspended and get taken up by filter.
Some stuff will still get trapped, but much less and will have to do it less often.

Do you have a python?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses! The turkey baster idea seems ingenious, I'll get one! My filter is the Eheim Classic 2260 and it seemed to have trouble with removing all the crap. Upon closer inspection I realized that one of the tubes had twisted, greatly inhibiting the flow. Hopefully it'll get better from now on! I don't have a python, but I'll ask for one next time at the pet store. Thanks for the help! =D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts