The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before, but I’m looking for more detailed instructions for how to clean an atomic diffuser. Seems that people use a 50:50 ratio of bleach to water to clean them. How long should it soak? Do people soak them in Prime afterward? How much and for how long? I was thinking of using the same directions as Seachem uses to recharge Purigen, but I want to be sure.

Also, how often should I clean my diffuser? I heard every two weeks, but mine is still spotless at three.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I use two diffusers. I rotate the current one out for the other when, it starts to get green with algae. The other one is set aside and sprayed with hydrogen peroxide on it several times over a course of several days. I buy the hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. No worries about getting rid of the bleach.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Indeed I do follow directions that are close to what is called for in purigen regeneration. Like hbsomen I have two diffusers for each tank so to be able to rotate them out. After placing in the "fresh" diffuser I place the old one in about a cup of water and add about 1 ml of bleach. I let this sit overnight then dump, rinse, and refill cup with tap water and a few drops of Prime. This too I let sit overnight. I then take the diffuser out, place on a paper towel to dry, after which it's ready to be rotated back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.