The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG I just cleaned one of my aquaclears for the first time since its flow was starting to get reduced. Upon emptying it I found three baby cory fry crammed under the little gray grate thing that sits in the filter and holds the medium! They were so big and it is just so depressing! I mean they are bigger then the fry from my October batch of fry! They must have got sucked up as eggs or something. It is so sad to think they have been sitting in there all their lives! can you imagine begin born and sitting there doing nothing for several months? Poor little guys!

·
Banned
582 Posts
LOL YAY!!!!!

I ended up selling my yoyos because no matter what I did, they swam into my AquaClear. Just too freaky for me. I could hear them 'splash' into the filter. I also find shrimp in my AquaClears.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I once had a 55 set up for breeding convicts. Turned out to be a mistake, since they are way too easy to breed. So after a few months, I sold them all to a LFS and tore down the tank to make it planted. When I pulled up the undergravel filter, I saw something splashing in the 1/2 inch of putrid water left under the filter. Here it was a 1.5 inch long convict. It had been at least 3 months since the last spawning. Fish can be tough little suckers.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Nice save. Poor dears...I am sure they are mentally stronger now.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Always great to have some FREE corys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.