The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow I ended up introducing cladophora into my tank. EI dosing, 2x39W T5HO 4'' about water level on a 30 gallon, pressurized CO2, drop checker green-yellow, water circulation is good, I stay on top of trimming so it remains good. It hasn't gone wild, but there's a few strands here and there that have attached themselves to a few leaves and in some fissidens. I've used H2O2 to spot treat (with filter turned off, spot treating with a syringe, letting sit for 15 minutes before turning the filter back on). That has seemed to help, but has not eradicated it. Unless anyone has some better suggestions, I plan to continue to remove what I can by hand and spot treat with H2O2. Excel is out of the question for this tank as it will kill the fissidens. I know this because it's happened to me before. So... any other suggestions?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Clado is green branching filamentous algae that thrives in high light. I have it in my planted shrimp bowl by the window that receives direct sunlight. I can reduce its growth rate by placing a sun screen behind the bowl but not eliminate it as the residual light intensity is still high. I don’t know of any algae eater will eat clado including Amano and cherry shrimp occupence. I tried excel, not effective. I know API Algaefix will work, but it will kill shrimp too, so it’s no go. My only solution now is to remove it wth a tweezer every few weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts