The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get rid of clado from my tank? I have presurized co2, EI dosing, and eight hours of light per day.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Search the forums for past methods.

1) Bump your CO2 up, use a drop checker, then:

a) H2O2 treatment,
b) Excel overdose
c) Amano shrimp
d) Florida flag fish
e) Nuke the tank.

I have about a dozen Amanos in my 10 gallon and they're taking care of it pretty well. You have to keep pruning and making sure there's no large clumps, but the Amanos eat the small bits.

I'm going to nuke my tank when I switch my substrate to ADA AS anyways.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Pull all your plants and livestock.
Bleach the tank, bleach the substrate, save the filter media, bleach it all.
Bleach/H2O2 dip your plants.
Re-setup.
You'll lose some plants.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
what is clado?
it is an algae branched filaments and stubborn
An army of Amanos will do the trick... I added 50 and it was all gone within a week...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
A direct spot treatment with Excel, and a 3 day blackout nicked it in the butt for me. I HATE clado.:angryfire

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
This stuff is stubborn. It is easy, easy to kill with a 3-8 ml Excel syringe direct shot. I thought I had killed it all. Another little tuft shows up in substrate elsewhere. I killed That. Now I see it in my healthy baby dwarf Hairgrass. ARRGH!. I like the 50 Amanos cavalry idea, except for the high cost of ~ $150 bucks. And many of those shrimp would end up being an Apisto snack. I think I'll stick with Excel spot treatments for now...ARRGH!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
This stuff is stubborn. It is easy, easy to kill with a 3-8 ml Excel syringe direct shot. I thought I had killed it all. Another little tuft shows up in substrate elsewhere. I killed That. Now I see it in my healthy baby dwarf Hairgrass. ARRGH!. I like the 50 Amanos cavalry idea, except for the high cost of ~ $150 bucks. And many of those shrimp would end up being an Apisto snack. I think I'll stick with Excel spot treatments for now...ARRGH!

I've been doing Excel and H2O2 spot treatments for about a month and a half. I'm giving up and nuking my tank when my shipment of ADA AquaSoil comes in. GRRRRRROWL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts