The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, cool so water lettuce helps with clado?
No, but clado is a PITA to get out of the roots of Water Lettuce if it strikes. I had three small plants and clado was all entangled in that. I also had water sprite that was covered with it.

I just did a 100% wc and cleaned the walls, filter, rocks, gravel, and plants to make sure I wont get any more any time soon. I am left with 2 stems of Parrots feather and a small Banana Plant. Im going to be getting some Bacopa Monnierion the first and I need to post(when I get money) WTB: Water Lettuce and Marselia minuta(I think thats how its spelt).

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Go buy some Excel if you can afford it. Its a great source of carbon, and a great algaecide. Good luck on your recovery. I hope you beat the clado once and for all. Amano's will also keep the smallest strands from becoming big clumps. They won't eat big clumps unless introduced in large numbers.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sandiegoryu said:
Go buy some Excel if you can afford it. Its a great source of carbon, and a great algaecide.
I wish I had money. That was the first thing I thought of. But I have only a quarter and that wont get me $***

sandiegoryu said:
Good luck on your recovery. I hope you beat the clado once and for all.
My first encounter with clado. I heard alot of stories about how bad clado can get. Im lucky I caught it in time.

sandiegoryu said:
Amano's will also keep the smallest strands from becoming big clumps. They won't eat big clumps unless introduced in large numbers.
I wish I can find Amano's but no luck around here. Not that I think. I hadnt been to any LFS for a while now. The other thing is that they might not fare to well out in the cold. This is a unheated outside 10g aquarium.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was clado :( It had the same texture as Cladophora aegagropila, or Marimo balls. And looked exactly the same, except not in a ball more like a little bush. I even done a search before to see if it was Clado or Hair.

And I had hair Algae on a couple of stones that I forgot to take out and it looked way different. I also had Green Spot Algae on the walls!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh, Marimo balls are kinda soft and slimy, not rough, right? Clado hell-algae is tough like a brillo pad.
The Marimo Balls I had were the same as the clado in feel. I took it out one day and it was rough. The clado is the smae. And from what I been reading Marimo Balls are just Clado Balls.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.