The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Hey, Im pretty new but i noticed something. You might be confusing the results for your kH test.

You are adding three drop to get the color change. If this is like the test i have then that does not mean your dKh is 3. Using my test i have to multiply the number of drops by 10 and that gets me ppm (parts per million) or mg/L (milligrams per litre). Ppm and mg/L are one in the same. To get dKH (degrees hardness) i have to multiply my ppm by 0.056. So in your case, agian if the test is similar to mine, your dKh would actually be about 1.7. That would make your CO2 only about 8 ppm (according to Chucks planted aquarium calculator, i think you can get it on rex's guide page). Have a closer look at your test kit instructions to see.

8ppm CO2 is alot closer to what you should have in there without any injection and might even be within the error of the estimate at that low of a dKh.

Just my thought. What do you think rex ?

James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.