The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really like the moss as will the shrimp. The plant arrangement is nice as well.
To be honest with you, I don’t like the path of stones. Maybe if they were slightly submerged below the gravel a bit. Just my opinion....

Also, I would toss in a Male Beta. He would be the happiest fish in the world…

Nice work!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
386 Posts
I keep my betta with my shrimp all the times with no problem. If the betta takes a bite at the shrimp the shrimp would simply use its strong tail and swim away.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That's a really nice tank for shrimp :) That's a hell of a lot of moss! Doesn't look like Java, what kind is it? Like others said those shrimp are going to be in heaven with all that moss. And the other benefit of having so much is that you can add some Endlers if you'd like because there is plenty of moss for the shrimplets to hide in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
DENG I LOVE THE MOSS!!!!!!!!:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :) :thumbsup:

How long did that take??!?!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Actually, it is Java. I started with a bunch of little flat pieces of slate and tied little bits to each. Then positioned them a cm apart or so and let them grow. You're looking at 3-3.5 months of growth. I love how it filled in.

I originally thought it might be a good fry saver for guppies, but the fry don't actually hide in such dense moss. However, there is an army of small MTS living in it.

Now I'm just waiting for the shrimp, looks like it's going to be Monday or Tuesday now... oh well.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Looks cool! other then the stones......maybe if you tie some Riccia to it and position it slightly closer to the the other plants it would look better.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks cool! other then the stones......maybe if you tie some Riccia to it and position it slightly closer to the the other plants it would look better.
This is completely low-tech, 1.9wpg and no co2. Doubt riccia would do much more than make a mess.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Thanks! Actually, it is Java. I started with a bunch of little flat pieces of slate and tied little bits to each. Then positioned them a cm apart or so and let them grow. You're looking at 3-3.5 months of growth. I love how it filled in.

I originally thought it might be a good fry saver for guppies, but the fry don't actually hide in such dense moss. However, there is an army of small MTS living in it.

Now I'm just waiting for the shrimp, looks like it's going to be Monday or Tuesday now... oh well.
Oh, it looks really good for Java then :thumbsup: Wow it filled in real nice :) I hope mine grows like that in a couple months.

I am sure the shrimp will use it though, they like dense moss :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, it looks really good for Java then :thumbsup: Wow it filled in real nice :) I hope mine grows like that in a couple months.

I am sure the shrimp will use it though, they like dense moss :)
And I bet that it could hold hundreds of babies!! I just measured, it's 4.5" deep in the corner. Yea, I'll never have any clue how many little ones are in there :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts