The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 75g cichlid tank is no more and I'm converting it to a planted tank. I have a few options on how to deal with the current substrate, since it's a coarse cichlid gravel in ivory coast color. Complicating matters is that the cichlid tank isn't *totally* empty. It has two plecos and two cichlids who still need to get sold off. They can't be stored anywhere else because every tank is either overstocked or in use by something that won't enjoy two plecos.

My current planted tank is using Fluorite, which is dusty as [censored][censored][censored][censored] and whose look I am just tired of. I may go with EcoComplete but I'm wondering if I can layer it on top of the some of the gravel or whether I need to take out all/most of the gravel to deal with pH issues. Can I mix the two so it doesn't look like I have some sort of weird sandwich thing going on? Most importantly, can I do the gravel change in a way that doesn't off the plecos or am I going to put them in the turtle tank with these two random hybrid cichlids who live there. The turtle would live in her box a bit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.