The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had this 33x21x22 cm tank for qt of smaller fish, shrimps, etc. But I have two other qt tanks (45l and ~55l), so I don't need three, right? Sooo... why shouldn't it become a desk tank? It just did. One success - nothing bought for this tank!

Specs:
33x21x22 cm ~15 litres tank
Pat mini in a matten filter (and some peat moss hidden there)
Heater - will be added later
Garden soil capped with mixed quartz sand (0,1 mm +1-2 mm)
Hardscape - some leaves and branches from my garden
Plants - mosses, some cryptocorynes, lotus, bolbitis

The tank will probably get a betta when I get a acrylic lid for it (I had a betta jump not long ago, lesson learned, won't buy a new one before I get a lid).

·
Registered
150 Posts
So what kind of tree leaves/branches are you using? Looks like cherry or something. It looks pretty cool so far. Much cheaper alternative. Kind of kicking myself for what I've spent on hardscape material recently, especially through mail when you can't even inspect what you'll get.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what kind of tree leaves/branches are you using? Looks like cherry or something. It looks pretty cool so far. Much cheaper alternative. Kind of kicking myself for what I've spent on hardscape material recently, especially through mail when you can't even inspect what you'll get.

Leaves are from lily magnolia, japanese maple and weeping willow, branches are from the willow too. I've been using those branches in my other tanks too.
Edit: the Japanese maple leaves are small so they mostly got covered in other leaves, but here are some of them floating:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Leaves are from lily magnolia, japanese maple and weeping willow, branches are from the willow too. I've been using those branches in my other tanks too.
Edit: the Japanese maple leaves are small so they mostly got covered in other leaves, but here are some of them floating:

Interesting, thanks. I never know what kind of leaves or wood is safe. I typically hear just oak, which I have a ton of around my house.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank is doing good, no surprises. I've put there some ugly shrimps from dismantled work tank (they were supposed to be babaulti, but they look same as wild type neocaridina). The tank is waiting to get a acrylic cover and later a betta.
Here is a quick photo of the smallest cat trying to catch a shrimp or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts