The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I've finally decided my 35 is too small and would like to turn my 80g into a planted setup. This will be my first time setting up a pressurized Co2 system and I need some advice on a canister that will plumb through a reactor before going into the tank.

I'm mainly looking at the eheim classic and pro 3 series. I want to make sure that I get a canister that has a high enough flow rate and space for media. Anyone used any of these filters in a similar setup? Would the 2262 be too much flow and blast my fish into oblivion?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have never used the 2262, but I do have the Pro 3 2075 on my 75g planted tank and love it. It super quiet, has good flow, tons of media room/options, and is overall a well built filter. I wouldnt hesitate a bit to get another one.

I hope this helps you out a little.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never used the 2262, but I do have the Pro 3 2075 on my 75g planted tank and love it. It super quiet, has good flow, tons of media room/options, and is overall a well built filter. I wouldnt hesitate a bit to get another one.

I hope this helps you out a little.
The 2075 is the pro3 canister I was looking at. Good to know they stack up well. Their low power usage and ease of maintaining are big selling points for me. Thanks for the input! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.