The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it's not those candies filled with marshmallow that I hate, no.

So apparently, there's this gourami named Gary. I won't argue with the name, but whatever. However...

He's a fish. Raised on chocolates.

Maybe British Kit-Kats are better than American? I have no idea. BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Finally a chocolate guorami that's not too difficult to keep!

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Our dog ate two bags of hershy's, aluminum and all. It might have been that it was fake, but I think this was real... But thats sad that it was raised on kit kats...not to mention that must be expensive. I am glad to hear they are doing an exhibit called: "Tank busters". Good to at least SHOW people how big those little cute loaches and catfish.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
And it's not those candies filled with marshmallow that I hate, no.

So apparently, there's this gourami named Gary. I won't argue with the name, but whatever. However...

He's a fish. Raised on chocolates.

Maybe British Kit-Kats are better than American? I have no idea. BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?
Most of England's candy is better tasting. Sadly... it cost about 3 times the amount to buy it over here. I especially hate grape, and everything purple here is grape. Over in England its black current. I also miss my beef and gravy crisps. I should mention that I'm not English, I just went to boarding school there for a couple years..

I didn't think a fish could be raised on chocolate. How strange lol. I think all aquariums should have a Tank Buster exhibit. Maybe people would do a little research first.

·
Registered
472 Posts
LMAO I was thinking they fed it that way so they could eat him! I wonder if he's related to those swedish fish I hear so much about.

·
Banned
445 Posts
lol our local fish and chip shops sells battered cod with melted chcolate fillings and chocolate flavoured battered scampi. Never seen a battered Gourami on the menu but it would fit in nicely ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Most of England's candy is better tasting. Sadly... it cost about 3 times the amount to buy it over here. I especially hate grape, and everything purple here is grape. Over in England its black current. I also miss my beef and gravy crisps. I should mention that I'm not English, I just went to boarding school there for a couple years..

I didn't think a fish could be raised on chocolate. How strange lol. I think all aquariums should have a Tank Buster exhibit. Maybe people would do a little research first.
Or they could put IT POOPS 24/7 on the tank. Cause, that might stop alot of people. I'm sure there are people intrigued by the fact its GIGANTIC and want him in 10 gallons.

I have some violent hatred towards American 'chocolate.' I've heard its because its made with rotten milk or something. And I believe that. *insists we need to outsource all chocolateering to Switzerland* Seriously, just the smell makes me feel sick. X_x

I think there's a chocolate fish candy. It's like, a fish shaped marshmallow candy bar coated in chocolate or something. I had a friend who liked them. He always just called them chocolate fish. *shrug* I never ate one, because, I just have this natural fear of chocolate. D:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Did you read the comments on that blog entry? The NT news debunked the debunking. That's the real size of the croc, the smaller picture is the fake
Its been cropped which is why it looks the way it does. Here he is in video. Like I said before still a beast though.

http://youtu.be/fa03JHNDOX8

Here is one that says it was fake but from watching the video im not sure.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/6at4/feature?section=6at4&id=8252604

Check out the one in the video on that link at the end.

Update - WoW check out the gallery on the second link. Hes almost in the boat lol.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Or they could put IT POOPS 24/7 on the tank. Cause, that might stop alot of people. I'm sure there are people intrigued by the fact its GIGANTIC and want him in 10 gallons.

I have some violent hatred towards American 'chocolate.' I've heard its because its made with rotten milk or something. And I believe that. *insists we need to outsource all chocolateering to Switzerland* Seriously, just the smell makes me feel sick. X_x

I think there's a chocolate fish candy. It's like, a fish shaped marshmallow candy bar coated in chocolate or something. I had a friend who liked them. He always just called them chocolate fish. *shrug* I never ate one, because, I just have this natural fear of chocolate. D:
Ahaha... I don't really eat much chocolate in America I must say. My friends from around the world all send chocolate to my friend here (who is also my neighbor), who kindly puts it in gift basket form and gives it to me for my birthday. Awesome birthday present if you ask me. All my foreign friend buy a Hershey bar their first day here, and always complain about how American chocolate "tastes like sick". Makes me giggle...
I think I know what your talking about lol. The persian market near me makes these little marzipan fish with a pastry bottom that are covered in chocolate... Those are amazing.

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
Thread derailment attempt:

Now I want some chocolate waffles....

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
the thing that struck me in this article was this

"He's not eating sweets anymore, but he is getting a taste of fame. The aquarium is now featuring Gary in an exhibit called "Tank Busters" that showcases a number of large fish that simply grew too big for their owners to manage."

I think every fish shop should have a big tank right in front featuring tank buster fish,
Goldfish, Gouramis, Clown Loaches, common Plecos, Tin Foil Barbs, Oscars, Pacus, Silver Dollars etc. Might help people understand they need to think before they buy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts