The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

is this a genetic trait? poor coloring? stress? it was this color when it was in the tank at the store, this picture was taken minutes out of the bag

the brown is like a golden brown like a dead leaf, and the entire body is this color aside from the white, even the legs and nose and whiskers. I dont think its stressed because the white is so solid like a pure red line white (which is why i bought it today).
will this brown coloration transfer to the babies and weaken my dark black CBS gene pool?

·
Registered
782 Posts
reds and blacks mixed will throw these out after a few breedings with each other.
Indeed :) Some folks will turn their nose up at them but since they are far and few in between for my colony, I find them quite nice actually. Especially the solid colored chocos. They don't seem to breed true for me.... I have a couple of females that only seem to pop out reds and blacks with nice color. My few chocos only seem to come from reds or blacks not from other chocos.

·
Registered
453 Posts
HAHA!

I was just thinking about my cbrowns now and debating if I wanted to post a wanted ad on SnS! I love the ones I have!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts