The Planted Tank Forum banner

Chiros WRGB 2 vs. WRGB 2 PRO

268 3
Anyone have any info on Chiros WRGB 2 vs. WRGB 2 PRO (90c) ? Looking into putting one of these on my UNS 90cm new aquarium.
I'm new to aquascaping/planted tanks and couldn't decide whether the PRO is more power than I would need for a tank that is 22 inches deep.
Appreciate any experience/advice etc. the cost difference is about 100 for the pro version and it has a separate control for white light apparently.
thanks!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Anyone have any info on Chiros WRGB 2 vs. WRGB 2 PRO (90c) ? Looking into putting one of these on my UNS 90cm new aquarium.
I'm new to aquascaping/planted tanks and couldn't decide whether the PRO is more power than I would need for a tank that is 22 inches deep.
Appreciate any experience/advice etc. the cost difference is about 100 for the pro version and it has a separate control for white light apparently.
thanks!
I owned the wrgb 2 but the bluetooth module died on me in less then a year. Other people on this site have had similar experiences. I can no longer recommend them because of this. My goto bar light these days is twinstar, but it is just a light (no app control). Good luck.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've had the Pro for 6 months now and am very happy with it. The extra power (vs. the WRGB 2) was a must for me as I have a 30" deep tank. As you mentioned there's a dedicated white channel, plus the build of the 2 lights is different

At 22" inches deep I'm guessing both lights will leave you with power to spare, but I'd rather have more power than less and would lean to the Pro

·
Registered
904 Posts
The big advantage of the pro is it has 'white' light so colour balance is better esp for photo. I have the non-pro and hate how the aquariums look in pictures no matter how i set them up - i have several models - 90cm 120cm 60cm and even a 30cm (4 different tanks); so far they have worked but been a little flaky when trying to connect to them and per post above more than a few folks have complained about the blue-tooth module failing (they do sell the part sep). Personally I'm thinking of using a different light for my new tanks (either ai prime about same cost but depends on tank size; or ghl (very very very very expensive)); i think if i were doing a few things over i might have stuck with fluval plant 3.0 over the wrgb 2 (no doubt the wrgb 2 is brighter); not sure about the pro and i'll probably get one one of these days to test it but the white light should address the balance issue but it won't address the poor build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts