The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a terrible week :( I had FINALLY saved up and got my first rimless tank, an ADA 60p. I've had it only about a month, it's literally just finishing cycling. Well on Wednesday I was fiddling with my lights when I slipped and dinged the back edge of my tank. My heart sank and sure enough I got a little chip.

I'm normally so OCD and careful with my stuff, I don't know how I goofed so bad. The chip seems pretty small, only about a couple millimeters at most and and I see no cracks, just the "clamshell" chip. Its on the outside back pane and not super noticeable except that it drives me crazy and I can't stop hyper focusing on it and how dumb I am.

Attached some pictures, it looks a little weird because I initially freaked and put some silicone on it but it made it stand out more, so I tried to clean it off but theres still a little residual silicone in the chip and on the top.

Should I just keep an eye on it? Is this just aesthetic damage and I need to learn to live with and chalk it up to a lesson learned to be extra careful? Or is this a structural issue that could lead to leaks and something I'll now have to constantly worry about? Do I need to start saving for a new tank again now?

Appreciate any advice guys, I'm so heartbroken (I literally shed tears after this happened lol. I feel so terrible).

My tank just before the tragedy with plants growing in:

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
That's an above the waterline chip and not even in a corner. I would definitely not worry about it. Buy yourself some frosted window film in a color of your choice and apply it to the back panel. Its removable so you can take it off if you get tired of it, in the meantime it will cover up your equipment back there and make that chip disappear. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I'm feeling a little better about it...well at least some piece of mind that I haven't done structural damage and that my tank is going to explode lol.

Frosted background is a cool idea too hadn't thought of that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts