The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this light and am looking for suggestions on settings. I am especially wondering about kelvin and intensity. light is sitting about 14 inches from the substrate. Tank is running Co2 and weekly liquid ferts. Here is what I have it set to right now.

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
135 Posts
My average intensity hovers around 70-75% @8 hours per day on my wrgb2. Anything more causes extra algae between cleanings. But my tank also gets some ambient window light, so that may be why. Groups like green aqua say they run their lights at 100% from day one, so it is possible, but probably not for many people. My settings were pretty even at 75r 73g 74b. But recently I brought the green down a touch to 69 which I personally like the look of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is that Chihiros A601 light? I have the same as that your screen shot.. Will do the same! Hope it works well.. 🙏

Ow! You also new on that!!? Have you got any new ideas? Or you got more ideas about that lighting..? Please send me the screen shot of how your keeping! 🙏

·
Registered
2 Posts
My average intensity hovers around 70-75% @8 hours per day on my wrgb2. Anything more causes extra algae between cleanings. But my tank also gets some ambient window light, so that may be why. Groups like green aqua say they run their lights at 100% from day one, so it is possible, but probably not for many people. My settings were pretty even at 75r 73g 74b. But recently I brought the green down a touch to 69 which I personally like the look of.
I actually asked Green Aqua on one of their recent videos what settings they use - they do 75% all channels for 7 hr with 30 min ramp up time. It wasn't a huge tank but I'd assume that'd be the range of settings they use for most of their 60p size range tanks.

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
135 Posts
Oh that's really interesting, towards the end of their last lighting video, they mentioned that they start at "Full" intensity from day one. Thanks for sharing, I thought 100% on some tanks was ridiculous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe it depends on the light they use, though I've really only seen them use the ADA light or WRGB 2. I'd never run that at 100% on my 60p, I have no interest in an algae farm lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.