The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Wondering if I could get some help. I recently purchased a Vivid 2 RGB and am having some problems with the app. I'm doing the auto setup and configuring a start time and end time and length of ramp and it sets it up nicely, but then the next day, it won't start up until I open the app and then connect back to the light. Am I missing a step to configure the light itself so it's programmed to do this every day? I can't seem to find any info on it, hoping someone here might have some insight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi rkfiske,

I recently got a chihiros wrgb II so my experience is pretty limited. I don't find the app super intuitive to use but I haven't encountered the issue you have. The app has crashed a few times but the programming has remained "in the light" how it is supposed to.

I'm guessing for some reason your program isn't being properly stored. Have you tried disconnecting the power and then re-pairing with the light? I know they are meant to retain the program even when they loose power so it may take some additional step to re-pair, but it seems likely that could refresh whatever communication between app and light is responsible for the glitch.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive solution, hope you get it figured out!

cheers,
Kyle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kyle,
Thanks for the reply! I tried that once, I am curious if maybe it's an app permissions thing on my phone that might be doing it. I'm going to try to wipe it completely again and restart my phone and re-pair and see if that fixes it. Yeah not too happy about the app overall, but if I can program the light standalone then that's all I really need it for realistically anyways except for maybe tweaking each color channel.

·
Registered
767 Posts
If the light is following schedule as soon as you open the app i suspect that perhaps the battery backup in the light is dead and needs to be replaced. However to be honest i would also try to email chichros. They can be slow to respond but if you are persistent they will respond.
-
Also be sure to hit the save button when done. I myself dislike the app esp that it requires and email address and location data to do something that should require neither.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the light is following schedule as soon as you open the app i suspect that perhaps the battery backup in the light is dead and needs to be replaced. However to be honest i would also try to email chichros. They can be slow to respond but if you are persistent they will respond.
-
Also be sure to hit the save button when done. I myself dislike the app esp that it requires and email address and location data to do something that should require neither.
Hey Jake,
I'll try to see if I can disassemble it today and find the internal battery. Should be able to test it on a dmm real quick and see if it's dead. Thanks for the suggestion, if it works i'll have to come back and post some pics for others to see the disassembly in case they run into the same issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright as an update, I went ahead and opened up my light fixture and lo and behold:

Literally did not have a batter at all in there! Lucky for me I had some CR2032 batteries in the old kitchen drawer so I popped one in and this morning the light fired up on schedule, so thanks Jake you were totally correct about the onboard battery!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.