12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Features:
  • Luminous Flux: 9600 lm
  • Colour Temperature: 7500-8000K
  • Power Consumption: 60W
  • 195 LEDs, 0.33W each
  • Waterproof Level: IP43
  • cUL Certified (UL tested and meets Canadian standards)
  • LED Lifetime: 50,000 hours
  • Size of the Light: W59cm x D10.2cm x H1cm
I found this light for a great price, but I know next to nothing about lighting. I've tried to understand it all, but I'm old and dumb and I just don't get it. I'm looking for a better light for my 20 gallon (standard, not long) tank that I will be using co2 on. Most of my plants aren't super high demanding, but they all do better in higher light and I'm currently using diy co2 to make them (somewhat) happy. I've got the co2 setup, just need to get my tank filled. Would this light fit my needs or would I be better off with a fluval plant 3.0? I have a finnex planted plus 24/7 but I'm very underwhelmed with the light. I have it on a 29 and the tank always looks dim.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Plenty of light. Will be bright.
Suggest reseaching dimmers and/ or controllers.
Most find plain white short on red and a little color muted in general.
Blues are fine.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Keep in mind that even the Lisbon plant aquarium,had to have cut back 25% of its lighting from the original plan. Too much algae.
Lighting is a headache..too much,too little and no real rules since there are infinite plant combinations.

·
Banned
22 Posts
I use the same light just the 48” version along with 2 planted plus fixtures on my 21inch deep tank it is very bright and comes with a dimmer at least mine did. They use a full spectrum led chip which is a little more on the white side so I like using with my planted plus because I can add more red color and since u already have a planted plus using both with give you a really nice lighting setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts