The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I just receieved a new A series Chihiros light (I have 4 of them on other tanks) and they have done some changes to the LEDs. Made my tank completely green. Looks so bad its like I have green water. Upon contacting Chihiros they said that is the new update and it is similar to the older ones. I can tell you it is not. From the pictures you can see the differemce betweem the previous and new versions. The new light is on the right and older model on the left. It is not a usable light at all unless you like green water. Just dont want anyone to make same mistake. Going through return process now with seller.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very strange. I wonder why they would make such a change. They said that all of the new ones look like the new light you got?

I have an A451 that I'm quite happy with, output is the same as your light on the left.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea. The seller had no idea either so she reached out to Chihiros and they told her about the updated LED. I then contactrd Chihiros myself and they confirmed LED update. I dont know how they could make something like this.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's really disappointing. You can totally see how much it changes the tank as a whole in the second pic, because the tank beside it looks perfectly normal. It even makes the glass look green.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Well green tint is an Asian thing

Iron containing glass is green.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Interesting. Actually looks like they added a blue-green phosphor to the diodes.
I'd like to see the new spectrum.

Guess they are trying to get the ADA asian niche.
Definitely needed a new line over updating and old one. w/ no notice.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm sorry but i am confused. What is a chihros A series? I recently purchased a chihros wrgb 2 and it looks nothing like that - it is actually pretty nice but i think it is a different light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.