The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So my plan here is to start breeding these 3 CPD's/Galaxy Ras's in my 6gal.
but right now there are a few cherry shrimp there and I also was hoping to breed some cherries as well. I'm not worried about the cherries getting eaten but what does concern me is the Fish fry.
Do cherry's pose a threat to fish fry or eggs?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. well thats a good start. I just read in another thread asking generally the same thing that the CPD's will eat the baby shrimp. :( but oh well. I'm not worried about that not like they are becoming extinct or anything.

Also I might be getting rid of my flowerhorn. Once he's moved I will have an extra 10gal I can give to either the fish or the shrimp.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
ok. well thats a good start. I just read in another thread asking generally the same thing that the CPD's will eat the baby shrimp. :( but oh well. I'm not worried about that not like they are becoming extinct or anything.
I don't think a 2cm fish with a tiny mouth is going to eat many, if any, of your cherries.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They will eat eggs though. I have seen them eating vital ram eggs when I moved some GBR eggs to my cherry tank.
And that's what I needed to know. I guess I will do some rearranging for this project.

My cherry shrimp are friends with the black molly fry in my nano, although they occasionally squabble over food. Neither of them seem to be a threat to the other. :)
I'm not as worried about the fry. more so the eggs. I have a baby molly in with my RCS's right now as well. since they are livebearers they have a slight advantage there. But a patch of eggs is alot more vulnerable.

I don't think a 2cm fish with a tiny mouth is going to eat many, if any, of your cherries.
They are about 1" and I'd more expect for them to go after shrimplets rather then the full growns. These guys have trouble putting down micro pellets so I know their food size is very limited. But I figured shrimplettes would fall under this range.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh they will eat your cherries too. Their mouths are not as small as their boddies would suggest.
Yeah that have that drawbridge type mouth like all danios.
But most of my cheries have some pretty decent size on them. I don't think they are physically able to eat these ones. My Female cherry is easily the same size if not bigger then the CPD's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.