The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so hi I just noticed ( like 5 mins ago ) my shrimplets in my tank were really small. I'm kinda not sure if that are cherry shrimplets since they're so small. Maybe as big as a needle tip, I barely see them so I was wondering are those shrimps at all? I can't take pics becuz I tryed to take them but there too small. After looking at them for awhile they don't seem like shrimp... Confused and it is like a crs but waaaaaaay smaller red and white... Maybe a worm or parasite? I also got bamboo shrimp can they filter those out if they are worms?
I also got the idea that they could just be something different and I have a cherry shrimplet that looked nothing like them but I'm just wondering since in more or a newbie when I comes to parasite and disease in fish and shrimp. :mad:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What adult shrimps do you have in the tank? If you only have cherriesthen you will not get CRS babies.

CRS babies are very easy to tell, they look like VERY small candy canes (miniature of the adults). If you have seen one, there's no way you can mistaken them as baby cherries which seem transparent for the first week or two.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Small seed shrimp perhaps? There are some in my CRS tank and they're harmless.

I had another shrimp tank a couple years ago where their population exploded and they were everywhere. I introduced a couple guppy fry and that knocked them back down to manageable levels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's obvious they are not shrimp, but as black sheep said they could be seed shrimp... Maybe it is... I was looking earlier and I think some of them died of. But they have a weird swimming pattern like a tetra, they stop for a little and launch off and they repeat to their destination.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea also, the little buggers are like tubes and they swim on their ends? Cuz they have a fat end and a short end that I assuming is their head?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts