The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying some cherry shrimp and was wondering if they would be ok with a betta? The tank would have a decent amount of java moss and a few floating ones as well.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
From my experience its entirely based on the bettas temperment. I have owned a handful of bettas in recent years and every one I try with shrimp and every one chases them down as soon as they realize what they are. There are plenty of people that don't have this issue, but I haven't found a chill betta yet. I have much better luck with amano shrimp once they reach full size.

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My betta used to live with a few ghost shrimp and he did not bother them, he is also blind in one eye. I just thought that maybe the red would attract more attention?

·
Registered
16g rimless cherry shrimp, 20g cube dwarf cichlid, 40g breeder nano community.
611 Posts
I have a betta with cherry shrimp. He followed them around for a few weeks and now largely ignores them. Each betta has it's own personality so keep an eye on them and give the shrimp plenty of places to hide. Have a backup plan...

·
Registered
351 Posts
We got a few female gouramis.. and they systematically hunted down both the fry and the adults. I moved all I could catch into the ten gallon with the betta. He ignores them, so I got lucky.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I can put a divider in in case of any issues. That's my back up plan.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.