The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I live in lansing if you are interested. I have fire red, rili, CRS, Snow White, oebt, royal blue, and mosses (mini pella,fissidens, subways setting, flame, and Java.

·
Registered
789 Posts
YES I certainly am. Can't find java moss out here either!
You need to look into the Grand Valley Aquarium Club. I am not a member as I live an hour away from GR but I have gone to a few of their events. They have auctions and sales where you can find all sorts of plants and fish. I think you could find what your looking for in the GR area if you ask around and check into GVAC.

I have a little bit of "extra" java moss, and a smaller colony of RCS...I had to restart my colony after a poor fish stocking choice in my main tank :icon_redf:mad:

Edit: also check out greatlakesaquaria.com more localized to MI and surrounding area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had no clue these existed. Thanks for awesome info! Also can tell me more about these stocking choices? I'm considering a very reserved community tank with a heavy RCS population. Would love to hear any experience

·
Registered
789 Posts
At the last GVAC event...it was just a sale but tons of stuff...I saw some cool looking little cat fish I decided I had to have and they where cheap. They where Synodontis Petricola which are not particularly aggressive but I learned tend to try to eat anything they bump into while cruising the tank at night. Well, in a matter of like 2 or 3 nights before I realized it...my RCS had all disappeared. I had just moved 2 pairs into a new nano tank at work before that and still have those...one female has produced a clutch and they are now half grown or so but I'm hoping they keep producing and I will bring some back home. I could get more from my dad he gave me the first ones.

Actually, my dad lives in GR...I don't know if he has any "extra" but I could ask if he would be willing to sell some to you? -Or maybe he can private message you if he happens to see this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.