The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to keep cherry shrimp in a heavely planted tank with highlight and the fertilizing system EI the only thing in the tank for now is 6 harlequin rasborra's but my son likes the shrimp verry much so i would like to add some if this is possible

Thanks Kaboke

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Yes, you can keep RCS in a high tech tank. You might want to check on those fish, you might be serving up some scampi.......DC

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just make sure the tank is heavily planted. I keep my RCS with my harlequin rasboras and they're reproducing like crazy. The only time i see my harelquins going for them is when the shrimp swims into the open in the middle of my tank. Even then my shrimp is quick enough to get away.

·
Registered
889 Posts
is it possible to keep cherry shrimp in a heavely planted tank with highlight and the fertilizing system EI the only thing in the tank for now is 6 harlequin rasborra's but my son likes the shrimp verry much so i would like to add some if this is possible

Thanks Kaboke
So you add fertilizers to the tank? Shrimp can be very sensitive to water parameters and ingredients in fertilizers can be toxic, for example heavy metals such as copper.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
So you add fertilizers to the tank? Shrimp can be very sensitive to water parameters and ingredients in fertilizers can be toxic, for example heavy metals such as copper.
The only thing I might worry about is copper, I think all you guys are a bit over the edge on other metals and things, these are RCS!! not CRS!

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I agree with Fish Newb. I had a 2 gallon tank with endlers and about 20 RCS. I accidentally overdosed Flourish by 10x its recommended dose, thinking I was dosing excel... I was sleepy :-D. I was going to school so I could only hope for the best.

Not one of them died.

I think Flourish is the most bad thing you could overdose on...

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I got some of these shrimp from a forum member in a trade, the time? they where shipped out Christmas week. After I didn't get them for a week I thought they would all be dead... Well not one of them died right away and out of around 40 probably only 2-3 died. They are really really tough shrimp.

Caution is good, but at some point it is stupidly overdone:help:

-Andrew

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yes I agree F_N I was just telling him that fertilizers can be dangerous if it contains copper. I know what you mean about being overly cautious! Some people boil rocks like 10 times then soak them boil them 10 more times before adding it to a tank:sleep: It really doesn't pay to be THAT cautious, in fact people often remove anything on the rocks, etc. that could be beneficial to the shrimp such as micro organisms and beneficial bacteria:icon_sad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.