The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
From what I can tell no it does not matter. But I would like to hear from other people on that matter as well. Mine have either green or yellow eggs.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Ive also heard and been told it doesnt matter. One of mine started out with white/gray eggs that are now green. Another one has green eggs. And my third berried one has orange eggs.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I think it depends on what you feed, when i feed a lot of algae wafers my shrimps berries and saddles are green. When i feed a lot of fresh veggies they are mostly yellow berries and saddles. Just an observation.
I feed a variety each week and have ones with both right now in the same tank, so that doesn't seem to hold, in my case anyways.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of mine are in the same tank also. I do feed a varied diet so i cant imagine it would b based on what they are eating. is it possible the greenish grey eggs are newly berried and the orangish eggs are about to drop??? i dunno but its interesting to me.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
All of mine are in the same tank also. I do feed a varied diet so i cant imagine it would b based on what they are eating. is it possible the greenish grey eggs are newly berried and the orangish eggs are about to drop??? i dunno but its interesting to me.
It seems whatever color the eggs are, they stay that way till they are born. They don't change colors like crystal eggs.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think it depends on what you feed, when i feed a lot of algae wafers my shrimps berries and saddles are green. When i feed a lot of fresh veggies they are mostly yellow berries and saddles. Just an observation.

I have made an observation that provides evidence of this. I used to feed nothing but algae wafers to my bottom dwellers, including my cherry shrimp, and I have never seen an orange berried female. Two weeks again I switched my feeding regiment to veggies. I always have a piece of blanched zucchini, squash, or cucumber in the tank now and have for two weeks and as of late about a third of my females have orange eggs and saddles.

In another tank I haven't been feeding veggies and no one has a berried other than green.

I mean its not empirical evidence but its a start.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.