The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few cherry shrimp a month or so ago mail order. I had a few doa but they threw in a few extra anyway. I put most of them in my grow tank. I have a 10g low tech that I put clippings and sproutlings in and let them re-root then sell/give them away or use them in one of my high tech tanks. Well a few weeks after I removed the cherry shrimp from the grow tank and introduced them to their new homes I realized there was one left in the grow tank and it had eggs so I left it. Now if have 20+ baby cherrys and I want to know how long till they are large enough to be placed in my other tanks? And how long do they live?
Do clown loaches eat shrimp?

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have clown loaches in the larger tank that you'll put the cherries into, the loach will eat the rcs if it can find the shrimp.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Perhaps two weeks to a month depending on what you consider to be "large enough" and what you have to feed, water quality, temperature etc.

As for life span I'm not sure. Clown loaches will eat your shrimp. Anything bigger than your normal "community fish" will eat it. I have in mind neon tetras, zebra danios, guppies etc. Anything bigger and its food.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My options for tank placement are 45g, 32 red-eyed tetras, ottos, SAE's.
55g, 4 discus(1-4", 1-3", 2-2") 6 clown loaches, blue rams, A. borellii, royal pleco, sail fin pleco, 4" hoplo cat, 6" fire eel.
20g 7 dwarf puffers, black neon, ottos, SAE's. I tested ghost shrimp in this tank and I only had one die with in 2days then after about a week the other 3 were gone. But These shrimp only last a few days usually in my tanks. There brackish right?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Clown loaches love shrimp!

So does just about every other fish in you list except in the 45g. Ghost shrimp breed in brackish waters I belive but will live in whatever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts