The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live a sheltered life!

I just ran across Cherry Red Shrimp for sale on ebay. Now I want some for my 120g. How expensive are they?, how big do they get? They were wanting $22 for 12 (I think) then another $11 for shipping (I understand that is for overnight, UPS or Fedx)...is that a good price? It includes males and females of breeding age. If I can find them locally, how much should I expect to pay? I still haven't gotten the tank yet (still trying to design the stand), but we have a list of fish that we are interested in.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Don't get confused with CRS (Crystal Red Shrimp) and RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp). RCS are cheap and many people often sell them in the Swap and Shop section here, due to them easily overpopulating their tanks. CRS are much more expensive and come in different grades. There are a few people that do sell them in our Swap and Shop section as well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get confused with CRS (Crystal Red Shrimp) and RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp). RCS are cheap and many people often sell them in the Swap and Shop section here, due to them easily overpopulating their tanks. CRS are much more expensive and come in different grades. There are a few people that do sell them in our Swap and Shop section as well.
I just searched the CRS, and I know someone has one as their avatar...I was wondering what kind that was!...CRS are "paint shrimp" (like a paint horse) and the RCS are "solid" red right? the solid red are was in the picture I was looking at, but the CRS are awsome too (may have to have those!!!)
Does this mean I have shrimp fever? LOL

·
Registered
285 Posts
you got it RCS are red cherry shrimp and CRS are Crystal Red Shrimp. you can get both from the swap and shop but the CRS are a lot more expensive. here are some CRS check out the price difference =]

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Susie, I would keep your eyes open on the SnS here because red cherry breed like rabbits, so many sell them here as cheap as 0.50 each, but shipping is always the killer since over the winter either you need 1-day or 2~3-day with a heat pack to pull it off.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I know a guy who sells you 10(+ a few extras) for $22, that includes shipping, PM me for his e-mail address. He sells on Aquabid as well.:proud:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not quite ready for the shrimp yet...still a few months away. I want to do some research first. I just ran across the pictures today and thought they were cool...I don't want to get them w/o first researching them.

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Not quite ready for the shrimp yet...still a few months away. I want to do some research first. I just ran across the pictures today and thought they were cool...I don't want to get them w/o first researching them.

Thanks Guys!
Good job:proud: That's the way to go!!:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts