The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good check valve? Mine is leaking back thru into the bubble counter, and I would like it to work at least a few months before it starts to leak again.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Many folks use the brass Clippard check valve available from Clippard, SuMo, Green Leaf Aquariums, Rex Grigg, etc.

There is a cheap and good CV available too. Item number: 120392376428 on ebay.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read a post from January about someone got a brass check valve, Clippard, and it started seaping thru after 6 months. So ya think that just taking a quick jolt of air from an air compressor, about 40 psi or so would un-stick things on a brass check valve?

I have an order for Orlando at Green Leaf when he gets in the double C02 indicator in. Maybe I should order a couple of the check valves then too.

While on the subject of C02 and check valves, does anyone have any leaks at the seal of the bubble counter? I can't seem to get it to stop completely. It comes very close to stopping, but then after 15-20 sec. it has slight, fine bubbles at the seal where the top screws on. The o-ring looks good, the plastic container isn't cracked and the threads all look good too. Any advice?

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I have an order for Orlando at Green Leaf when he gets in the double C02 indicator in. Maybe I should order a couple of the check valves then too.

While on the subject of C02 and check valves, does anyone have any leaks at the seal of the bubble counter? I can't seem to get it to stop completely. It comes very close to stopping, but then after 15-20 sec. it has slight, fine bubbles at the seal where the top screws on. The o-ring looks good, the plastic container isn't cracked and the threads all look good too. Any advice?
Yeah, go ahead and order from GLA to save on shipping.
Try putting teflon tape on the threads of the bubble counter

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
... While on the subject of C02 and check valves, does anyone have any leaks at the seal of the bubble counter? I can't seem to get it to stop completely. It comes very close to stopping, but then after 15-20 sec. it has slight, fine bubbles at the seal where the top screws on. The o-ring looks good, the plastic container isn't cracked and the threads all look good too. Any advice?
I had the same problem.

Teflon tape will work just fine. I used Oatey's pipe joint compound.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I'll put some teflon tape on there. Good idea! Those check valves on e-bay are in Indonesia. I MAY get them in a month or more. Orlando to the rescue. He's my hero!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts