The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After I turn off my co2 system water flows out of the bubble counter and gets very close to my regular (I have a check valve in front of my regulator) it fills up the check valve and just passes right through it! Im looking for a good quality check valve anything to save my regulator any recommendations? I have looked for quite some time and cannot seem to find one. Amazon has a few but terrible reviews.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

Went out to a local aquarium store and pick up some of these hopefully there better!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stainless steel ones are better than the really cheap check valves designed only for air stones.

Not saying these are the cheapest, but they will be the last CO2 check valve you will have to buy.
Dennerle CO2 Check Valve - Marine Depot
I'm gonna give these ista check valves a try first and see how they go.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice find. I have some plastic ones from McMaster Carr, and industrial supply place. I had only 1 until Immortal1 convinced me to run 2, inline.
I also use 2 check valves. Whereever there's water in the system aquarium, bubble counter ect there should be a check valve! I have one valve just before the entry into the aquarium and one right before the regulator. The one infront of the regulator will be moved in front of the solenoid once the solenoid arrives in the mail. The ista check valve has seemed to have done the trick over night when the pressure lessons and sucks water back. The water didn't even make it too the valve which is a good sign.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.