The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have broken off the brass check valve between my Fabco NV-55 needle valve and bubble counter accidentally. The check valve has the same thread on both ends which I believe to be 10-32 NPT thread. Where can I buy a check valve like this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I did not see this when first posted but I might not have had a good answer anyway. Do you really have a check valve with 10-32 on each end? Not seen that, so my best thought would have been to change methods. Probably not what you wanted anyway?

I use the Fabco NV-55 on a couple tanks and have found it works for me to buy a dozen or so of the plastic 10-32 to barb fittings. I then use common airline to tie the various parts together. With the flex of the tubing, I have no trouble with breaking the small fittings. I find the 10-32 fittings are used several places that we would not normally shop like medical/dental equipment, RC car fuel lines, etc. But my best buy has been from Arkansas Plastics or US plastics if you are ordering other things at the time.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. Interesting. I wound up getting a clippard check valve off of Amazon. Yes, it is 10-32 on both ends: the Fabco needle valve and the bubble counter are both fitted for 10-32 and the check valve fits between. Another option I thought of was a 10-32 push to connect fitting with an inline bubble counter, but I went with the Clippard check valve. I think it is an MCV-1AA? Not sure at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
Okay, sounds like a solution found for this trip?
And I'm always finding lots of things that I've not seen or noticed before. The 10-32 is a bit smaller than most things I deal with so I'm often missing info on them until I look.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
For just a simple move of getting gas from one tank to a different type tank, there does seem to be way too many options to confuse us. The hard part is not the work itself but all the decisions along the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.