1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
IM GOING TO BUY IT.........in pretend land:help:

·
Registered
862 Posts
That would make an awesome coldwater reef system!

·
Registered
507 Posts
You could grab a much nicer and new tank for less:) I'm not sure where the original 12k came from. Glass, stand, filtration and all, I think I could duplicate for under 5K:D

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
You could grab a much nicer and new tank for less:) I'm not sure where the original 12k came from. Glass, stand, filtration and all, I think I could duplicate for under 5K:D
So the $3k asking price is to your liking?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Not for the purpose it was built. A lobster holding tank. They require COLD water, not cool water, but cold water. I doubt you could touch the chiller in that baby for less than 5k.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not familiar with saltwater but it sounds like you could
put some more exotic species in there

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not for the purpose it was built. A lobster holding tank. They require COLD water, not cool water, but cold water. I doubt you could touch the chiller in that baby for less than 5k.
Thats the thing, a chiller that size is only 2K new. As old as that thing is the compressor and stuff is likely on the way out and likely needs to be recharged. Over priced at 3K IMO for used and the original 12K price tag is a joke!

So as I was saying...
Tank $1000 for glass (2600 for acrylic)
chiller $1750
miscelleneous filtration $1000(there is no sump and fancy equipment here, just a large in line or closed loop pump and a few cannisters.
Stand etc less than $1000

He should sell it on overpriced.com:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts