The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So things are falling into place... Which makes me nervous, it's like ok.. What now???

As a few people know my 125 has been retired, the placement and 6' long was taking up to much space.. But i get to build a new tank! Changed the dimensions a little but will be as follows

36"x30"x20" the tank will be all glass with euro bracing going to build it with the panes around the bottom glass not on top using 3/8" glass

So...
2 pieces at 36"x20"
2 pieces at 29 1/4" x 20"
Base 35 1/4" x 29 1/4"

Correct? Pitiful as it sounds i am horrible with fractions.... So just wanting to make sure my measurements are right!

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

·
Registered
866 Posts
So things are falling into place... Which makes me nervous, it's like ok.. What now???

As a few people know my 125 has been retired, the placement and 6' long was taking up to much space.. But i get to build a new tank! Changed the dimensions a little but will be as follows

36"x30"x20" the tank will be all glass with euro bracing going to build it with the panes around the bottom glass not on top using 3/8" glass

So...
2 pieces at 36"x20"
2 pieces at 29 1/4" x 20"
Base 35 1/4" x 29 1/4"

Correct? Pitiful as it sounds i am horrible with fractions.... So just wanting to make sure my measurements are right!

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place
Do you intend to make the base to the the size of opening of the rectangle? I though tanks go the full cover....... in you case woundn't it be 36x30

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, then the math looks right. One thing you can also do it to draw it in engineering software to confirm the size.
Yea... I tried that, horrible fail haha

Go to garf.org then on the left side hit navigation then toward the bottom go to DIY tank building put in the dimensions it will tell you what size everything will be
Thank you!! I will have to check that, nothing worse then ordering couple hundred dollars of glass and get something wrong -.-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.