The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've had some time to play with these and they are great. I like not having to towel off my arm for just a little tweak in my tank. The tools are good quality, easy to hold, and not too heavy. The seller was great and I had the tools in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I like the description "not to be mistaken for the cheap competitors."

You ARE the cheap competitor! lol. I like expensive tools. They are GREAT. I had a very similar tweezer which made planting very very easy. Then I got the ADA ones, and they made planting virtually effortless. They don't require my hands to get wet in the nano because of how far back you can hold it while still having enough pressure to "pinch" the plant.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like the description "not to be mistaken for the cheap competitors."

You ARE the cheap competitor! lol. I like expensive tools. They are GREAT. I had a very similar tweezer which made planting very very easy. Then I got the ADA ones, and they made planting virtually effortless. They don't require my hands to get wet in the nano because of how far back you can hold it while still having enough pressure to "pinch" the plant.

what's the difference between ADA and a regular scissors and tweezer? I have some that's made from germany, japan, and china...i see no difference

i like to know becase if it's as great as it sound, i might invest in some

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well I dunno about the scissors. I only had the ADA tweezers. The cheapest one which ever one that is. I don't know what kind of German and Japanese tweezers you have but I don't expect much quality from a Chinese one. Well you can think about it this way. For your tweezers, if you hold the tweezer half an inch from the back, how much strength do you need to push the ends together?
For the ADA tweezer I purchased, you probably need a fifth of that strength to hold the plant. And the ends are smaller so you don't disturb the substrate as much. Again, I'm assuming you have the ones like the one in the picture. If you can grab your German or Japanese tweezer from the back and close it without much pressure, then you must know the goodness of the tweezers.

You can always return it you know! Or ask a friend to lend you his. Or something. They're like headphones. Cheap ones are great, they work well, but expensive ones are the ****. But you might not like them THAT much over the cheap ones and return them.

Or in your case we can maybe compare it with guitars. Cheap Squires are great, they do what we want. But Strats are just a lot better, but you may not want to pay the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.