The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I cant find any info on the company who makes this light maybe someone can who has already found it? I have spent a good amount of time trying to find any kind of reviews for it but no dice. I also don't know if I'm allowed to link to the evilbay post but i wont unless someone says I can.

I know its cheap, I know it has a single reflector, I would just like to know who has used it. If you have what light range did it fall under due to the reflector. Any info anyone can give me on how it worked out for them would be great.

Thanks,
Derick

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
A cheap t5Ho is about as good as a GOOD normal output
i looks like an odyssea but i don't have much experience with them

u can always buy a cheap setup and buy the TEK single bulb retrofit reflectors and make it a lot better

the ballast quality will determine a lot as well. the cheaper fixtures tend to use ballasts that don't run bulbs to their fullest extent

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What is the brand name?
That's one thing I am trying to determine.

Thank you for the input HD Blazingwolf. I am trying for Medium light over my 75 gallon and was hoping that this might get me there. I have seen that i can purchase reflectors that are better and if needed it is a possibility.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm looking at the same light!

Fire scares me. I'm a wimp.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
The odyssea fire problem is an OLD problem that's been resolved

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Hi All,

Unfortunately not quite true; this thread is from September this year. There are much better, and safer, options out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.