The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called some welding shops around the city, and they pretty much all want around 100 dollars or so before I even get the tank in my hands, and that's before I even get it filled. Their prices for refilling were pretty crazy as well. 2.5 and 5 lb tanks are pretty similarly priced. Anyone have any luck around Indianapolis with co2 tanks that would be willing to share your experiences?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses! I'm planning this for a 75 gallon tank with high light, and I guess my main concern was that maybe one paintball canister wouldn't be enough. I started thinking about larger tanks, but after calling around, I was a little put off by going that route. I was hoping to keep it within $100 total for pressurized, and I think paintball might be my best option. I'll just have to consider getting a second sometime in the future.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw that deal too! It looks pretty good. I found a 7 lb tank on ebay for about 40 dollars. It's an odd size, and I knew I'd have trouble finding someone to trade it in, but I emailed tuxedo park brewers, and they said they'd be ok with me trading the 7 lb in for a 5 lb tank. I figure, it's basically like getting a filled 40 dollar 5 lb tank, and that's still a pretty good deal.

I'll also definitely call around the fire extinguisher places around here, I'm sure they'd be more likely to have more reasonable deals than the welding places.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think ebay is definitely the place to go. Found a 20 lbs tank on ebay for $38! I checked the seller's location, and saw she was from Indy too...no shipping charge! I lucked out big time. I think that Indiana Oxygen on the northeast side sounds like a great idea, especially since I live up there. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts