The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just picked up an aquaculture 6.5 semi hex for $10 as I needed a new tank for my betta. It’s a kit carried by Walmart. In all honesty I kind of hate the look of this tank and also can’t stand a fish tank without any plants. I was wondering if you guy recommend any cheap lights (such as a non traditional light from Home Depot that would work with a planted tank). I have several other tanks with finnex planted plus but I’m hoping to find a much much budget friendly option. I don’t mind if I can only keep mostly low and maybe medium light plants. I have the original LED that came with the tank. Thank you for your time

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've been having luck with NICREW SkyLED plus. It might be more towards medium-high light, but you can adust it to your needs. You can get it on amazon for ~$20. Other people may have input on the stock light you have though.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
If you already have a desk lamp then you can buy any 5000k to 8000k led bulb. On a tank that small this is all you need. Do yourself a favor and buy one that is also 90+ CRI. Any of the Cree bulbs sold at home depot will accomplish this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.