The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wouldn't want to spray paint a tank inside my house. It would stink for a couple of days at least....
I've painted every tank I've ever owned in my basement and it only smells for a couple of hours and if you have a candle going... less than that. Totally worth it.

thanks but im afraid ill get chemicals in my tank
I've never had a single issue. Painted dozens of tanks. I always make sure to just use blue painters tape and tape off every single inch of the tank that isn't getting painted. Even the opening in the top.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I painted a tank back black and I regret it now. Now I use fabric or poster board, depending on the size, on the back of my tanks. The fabric has to taped on to something to stay on or you can glue velcro tabs on the tank to hold it.

Great growth. Is that moss on the bottom? What is your light, gh, kh, and ph? Does the tank get any sun light?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i made it from scach its all cheap petsmart stuff other than plants my lighting is a 15w sunglo very low tec h and its java moss i sandwiched it in beetween grids and layed it on the bottom my ph is like 6.8 idk the rest though im very old fashion but the moss grew extremly quick it even has white tips
and anybody have any suggestions feel free to share them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.