The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ditto... I found a brand new 5# aluminum CO2 cylinder for $61.63 shipped. (Shipping might be different depending where you live, not sure). It just arrived today and I can't wait to fill it.

This place seems to have it cheapest. (It's probably best to get the empty one and have it filled locally):
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aluminum_CO2_Cylinders_Tanks_p/t.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it would probably be cheaper to get one shipped empty and fill it locally. And yes, my source indicates that there are multiple units currently available at that price. I shall divulge tomorrow (thursday). This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I bought one off of Ebay.

NEW! 5Lb Aluminum CO2 Cylinder/Tank w/valve Keg System

Item condition: New

Ended: Oct 06, 200917:59:26 PDT

Bid history: 13 bids

Winning bid: US $54.00

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just won one off of ebay as well.

5 Pound STEEL CO2 Cylinder Tank- Paintball Beer Tap
NEW VALVE, FRESH HYDROSTATIC TEST AND PAINT!
Item condition: Used
Ended: Nov 19, 200906:18:54 PST
Winning bid: US $32.00
Shipping: $18.77UPS Ground | See all details
Estimated delivery within 3-8 business days

I now it is not new but from what I am gathering here, when you go to fill it it gets swapped out anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Oh okay, thank you. The smaller tank that I have must be a 2.5lb tank then. Maybe I could use that as a backup while I'm filling the 5lber

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
CO2 tanks are filled by weight. Tank should be stamped somewhere with the empty and the full weight (weight is on the brass stem on my tank). The larger of the two weights should be the empty weight plus whatever the capacity of the tank is... tanks are always emptied completely before refilling.

Not every place swaps tanks... if you are determined to buy and keep a shiny new tank you should figure out where you will be getting it filled before you buy.

Fire extinguisher and welding shops can be good sources for cheap tanks too. I got my 10 lb steel tank at a fire extinguisher shop... $60 for a filled, hydro tested and freshly painted tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts