The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first tank journal!, but not my first planted tank. This is going to be a low light, super duper easy maintenance betta tank! I may get a divider and make it a betta duplex, that still remains to be seen...
I've had this 10g laying around for awhile but had no space to set it up. It had a hood & light fixture but it was old and looked a little sketchy so we bought a new hood & 2 65k bulbs.. substrate is mr.aqua. I added the substrate last night and filled it up. I'll be rescaping my other 10g which has gotten way outta control and overgrown tomorrow afternoon, then going shopping friday to get whatever else I need! Thats the current plan...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
That soil is Japanese? I'll have to go look for the next time I'm at the lfs. Do you have to cap that or is it an aquasoil?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an aquasoil, you can cap it but I don't know how effective it would be... I have it in my other tank and its awesome!

The betta is in a smaller tank in the kitchen right now. I'm not going to move him in until everything is planted and settled.. but here is a pic of the handsome gentleman ♡

Attachments

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Its an aquasoil, you can cap it but I don't know how effective it would be... I have it in my other tank and its awesome!

The betta is in a smaller tank in the kitchen right now. I'm not going to move him in until everything is planted and settled.. but here is a pic of the handsome gentleman ♡

Pretty boy!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got him from a breeder my hubby randomly came across on fb. 'Betta Bids Auction, Lower 48' is the profile name. Mitch is super duper nice, and all his bettas are so gorgeous! My fav older better died the day after I bought this guy and hubby told me I could get a second since Mitch includes the first 2 for the same shipping price. I waited like 5 days after I bought this one, trying to get another but the ones I liked went outta my price range quick in the auctions and I was so bummed.. but he sent me a little delta tail freebie!! Who does that?!! Their both so social and healthy, only like 4-5 months old. I'm excited to see how big they get! They guy I purchased is much bigger and is a 'purple/blue mustard gas dragon super delta', I've named him Redford from a suggestion on my other betta picture thread on this forum.. and the freebie guy is just a weird blue colored delta tail. He's so little! So I had a GREAT experience w/ Diamond Bettas and will be getting all my stock from them in the future!

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, he was awesome!..

So I didn't get a chance to rescape the 10g yesterday.. but I did clean the goldfish tank yesterday which was the more pertinent chore.. lol. So today I'm going to tear down the original 10g, go thru all the plants and rescape it, I'm going to try and split the plants between both 10g's pretty evenly. Then when I go to my lfs I'll probably get more crypts, cause I adore them!! Some nerite snails and otos.. that was always my plan. But then last night hubby tells me he wants something different than 'just a betta'.. he loves shrimps so now I'm thinking maybe shrimps.. but can you keep shrimp w/ a betta? I'm going to do a lot of reading today and talk to the awesome guy at my lfs when I go in... any help here??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts