The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo
I have a 30ltr aquarium with red cheries and ember tetras and i want to change the aquascape. I have a simple black gravel ,and now i want to put new substrate (dennerle shrimp king soil and deponit mix)
How can i do this ? Can i put the shrimps and fishes somewhere with aquarium water?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I'd start a secondary container (doesn't have to be an aquarium, could be a bucket or a bin) to either a) put fish and shrimp in or b) cycle the substrate as you will get an ammonia spike from the soil and you don't want to hurt your livestock. If you already have a mature filter it shouldn't be too big of a problem, though and it won't take very long for your biological filtration to do its thing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd start a secondary container (doesn't have to be an aquarium, could be a bucket or a bin) to either a) put fish and shrimp in or b) cycle the substrate as you will get an ammonia spike from the soil and you don't want to hurt your livestock. If you already have a mature filter it shouldn't be too big of a problem, though and it won't take very long for your biological filtration to do its thing. Hope this helps.
Can you tell me more details how to do this? For example i must put the shrimps in a bucket with the water of my aquarium, and also put the filter in it ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hallo
I have a 30ltr aquarium with red cheries and ember tetras and i want to change the aquascape. I have a simple black gravel ,and now i want to put new substrate (dennerle shrimp king soil and deponit mix)
How can i do this ? Can i put the shrimps and fishes somewhere with aquarium water?
I saved this article the other day. worth a reading. Might be helpful to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.