The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Empire Co2 Tank and a regulator for my 6 gallon nano tank. My problem is that some work needs to be done with the connection between the tank and regulator. To begin, I need to add an adapter to change it from a paintball tank to CGA 320. The real challege is the angle of the regulator. It is made to be installed on a horizontal outflow, but the paintball tank is verticle. This means the bubble counter is horizontal. I've seen people simply place the tank sideways, but I wouldn't feel completely comfortble with that knowing some people say it lets liquid Co2 in the regulator. The only solution I can think of is an elbow piece but they don't seem to be very common. I found this one, but I really have no idea if it would work. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Do not lay the CO2 cylinder on its side.

Can you not just tighten the needle valve an extra 3/4 turn?
I tried to turn it earlier with my hands but nothing happened. I just tried again with a wrench, and still, nothing. Now I'm considering just getting a 2.5 or 5 lb co2 tank and returning the Empire one. It's a shame I'll most likely have to spend $30+ more just to get this regulator to work.

· Administrator
12,174 Posts
Theoretically, a 90 degree elbow would work, but you'd still have to remove the needle valve off the regulator body to install it (there's probably some Loctite or something that is holding it together).

I'm not sure what the fitting size the needle valve is, without actually seeing it, however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.