The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sorry, I have not with hanging canister filters. I am curious what the advantage to this filter would be over a regular HOB filter? To me a regular HOB filter seems like it would be much easier to maintain?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've ran a few similar ones years ago. The Odyssea 130, a Zoomed canister and the Finnex px360. They all perform the same and very well as biological backups or for water polishing. You can also set one up as a gravel vac without any major spills. As a high load biological filter, I took Marinepure plates and cut them to fit inside and and put filter wool on top.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I set it up today the flow goes in from the outside of the media basket and goes throught it coming out. so I used the body one for coarse, medium, fine sponges then the other two media baskets I filled to the brim with seachem matrix. this little filter is quiet nice im pleased with it for 30 bucks has quiet some flow with the spray bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.