The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,with this forum being mainly citizens of the good old USA,and i am in the UK,would anyone have or be able to ship me a nice centre piece for my quite large to be planted tank,as all you can get over here is "LUMPS" of wood that have no character or shape,ideally i was looking for a "branchy" type of wood that i will be covering in a moss or maybe microsorium,if any of you guys can help it would be most appreciated,obviously i will pay for it and the shipping,my tank is 72LX30WX28H [inches].look forward to any replies,Thank you all..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
messy_da_legend said:
my lfs (in Suffolk) does the branchy stuff ,but nothing in the size you want. where in uk are you?
could you collect your own?
I'm in Manchester,Suffolk is a bit far to go for a piece of wood,I'll keep on searching i'm sure i'll find the one eventually,Thanks anyway...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Just want to point out - be sure to check on the dimensions of the piece before bidding.
That piece is approx 2'x2' - which is a nice-sized piece of wood.
But a 200g is a pretty big tank.
Be sure to carefully consider how it will look in your tank.
In my limited experience, sometimes hardscape elements have to be surprisingly large to make a powerful visual impact.
Just don't want you to spend a bunch of $(L?) only to have your "centerpiece" appear too small in your tank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eds said:
Just want to point out - be sure to check on the dimensions of the piece before bidding.
That piece is approx 2'x2' - which is a nice-sized piece of wood.
But a 200g is a pretty big tank.
Be sure to carefully consider how it will look in your tank.
In my limited experience, sometimes hardscape elements have to be surprisingly large to make a powerful visual impact.
Just don't want you to spend a bunch of $(L?) only to have your "centerpiece" appear too small in your tank.
yeh, i know what your saying some pieces are quite decieving,i've already found that out with a piece i got at the lfs it looked quite large in the shop,but got it home and it only looked smallish when i placed it in the tank....another lump for the cupboard.lol...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yeah - I just made a similar mistake.
Trying to save $ I bought 2 $10 pieces.
Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't go with a $30 piece.
My pieces are nice, but not the statement I would have wished.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The reverse can also be true of course. I've got a piece of Malaysian that I got for $25 at one of the LFS (this particular one, Pets Supplies Plus, is the ONLY one locally that has a nice selection of Malaysian. This is including the Mom n' Pop operations.) Looks like a stump in my 55 ;). But I like it :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts