The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
There is nothing peaceful about angels, their name is probably the biggest misnomer in the ornamental fish industry.
They are mean, they are predatory, and the buggers are eating my plants faster than I can grow it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes Rams and Apistos are very interesting to me. I always hear people speak highly of them.

Aren't they Cichlids though?

They are cichlids, but that's a huge class of fish. They are generally all smarter than the average fish, but they vary widely in aggression. Rams and apistos are much less aggressive than angelfish and, say, African cichlids. They generally work just fine in a community tank.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i've never heard of angels eating plants either. i know they're semi-aggressive but i've also never seen them particularly attack schools of fish regardless of their size. if anything, my barbs are bullying my angels! lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
Mine destroyed a school of cardinal tetras. Was a learning experience.
Nothing beats the learning experience/horror/trauma of watching a seemingly peaceful Angelfish suddenly inhale a Cardinal/Neon Tetra.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.