The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stocked my ADA 60F (long, short 7 gallon) Iwagumi with 10 CPD's one week ago. Thus far, the little guys haven't touched either the flake food or blood worms I've tried to feed them. They generally swim around frantically looking for someplace to hide.

Any advice? I figured the little guys would have calmed down by now. I'm concerned about them not eating.

I'm also wondering if I'd be better off trading them for another nano fish that would be more content under bright lights and a minimal iwagumi scape.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How about some floating plants to break up the light? Just pulled a bunch of Azolla out of a tank if you want some, got other floaters too.;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha!! Todd, your quick on the draw! Thanks for the offer.

I had quite a bit of HC trimmings floating in the tank, but it didn't really help. Of course, I guess that didn't block much of the T5 HO lighting.

The HC needs a fair amount of light, so if the little buggers can't handle it I'll just move them to another tank. You know me: plants > fish. ;-)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Definitely a skittish species in my opinion, that's why many of them end out outside my tank. :)

As for the feeding, starve them a little more, and they will eat whatever you put in. My CPDs eat any food I put in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.