The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my black T5 solar unit 216W. I also ordered the overhead hangers for it. I swapped out the bulbs for the 6500k bulbs x2 and 10000k bulbs x2.

I called and spoke to Tim to make sure it was going out as the black model.. he said that he was shipping it today and was going to throw in some of the stainless steel cable and adaptors for the light to hang it. he didn't charge me for any of the extra items.

Tim was extremely helpful and deserves credit. That is how customer service should be.

I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a nice fixture and great service.. go for it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
hope their T5 sets are better than their PC fixtures are.

I bought a 260w w/moonlights back in Feb-March.. 1 ballasts went shortly after (they did send a new one which was nothing like the one's inside the fixture)..this Saturday I'm sitting on the computer about 10 feet away and SNAP,CRACKLE,POP.....and LOTS of smoke pouring out..now the only thing that works is the moonlights..

this thing was suppose to have Workhorse 5 ballasts which turned out to be not true,it has 4 little KARO ballasts in it

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hope their T5 sets are better than their PC fixtures are.

I bought a 260w w/moonlights back in Feb-March.. 1 ballasts went shortly after (they did send a new one which was nothing like the one's inside the fixture)..this Saturday I'm sitting on the computer about 10 feet away and SNAP,CRACKLE,POP.....and LOTS of smoke pouring out..now the only thing that works is the moonlights..

this thing was suppose to have Workhorse 5 ballasts which turned out to be not true,it has 4 little KAR ballasts in it
don't know why you are having those problems.. that sucks.. they are highly recommended around here. did you contact them about this?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I just ordered a 3x13w fixture by then yesterday, so let's hope it turns out well
I was looking for this fixture on their site and I couldnt find it. Can someone post a link?

·
Registered
329 Posts
When I called them I was interested in what ballasts they could use. The site says Fulham WH5 which is OK but I would rather have the Advance ballast since it has programed start. He told me that they have been using the advance ballasts b/c the Fulhams were hard to get lately and they have been having issues with them.

This may be the case with that PC fixture that someone mentioned as it prob uses a Fulham ballast.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that they are using the advance T5 ballast as it has the same 5yr warranty and uses programed start.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I called them I was interested in what ballasts they could use. The site says Fulham WH5 which is OK but I would rather have the Advance ballast since it has programed start. He told me that they have been using the advance ballasts b/c the Fulhams were hard to get lately and they have been having issues with them.

This may be the case with that PC fixture that someone mentioned as it prob uses a Fulham ballast.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that they are using the advance T5 ballast as it has the same 5yr warranty and uses programed start.

nope...read the last sentence I wrote

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.