The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I couldn't resist this tank. The dimensions, the price, the light...THE PRICE.... everything. Went out this weekend and my GF snagged this beaut for me as an early birthday gift :icon_cool

Everything you see in these pictures came to a grand total of..... wait for it...

$150 cdn!!!! So that incuded the tank, light, netlea lambo aquasoil and about 10lb of dragon stone.

12049262_703631148360_7282277335070430304_n.jpg
12042982_703631128400_1265644935666339251_n.jpg
12029617_703631108440_7007229103899352376_o.jpg

I felt like a kid on christmas morning today just waiting for everyone to leave the house so i could get the hardscape down.

IMG_7946.jpg

If you wish, I shot some low quality footage of the scape process this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgl2viCNZw

As it stands now, I just need to decide on a decent canister filter that will fit in my Ikea Expedit shelf (or just buy a better stand) and then order a paintball regulator.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Holy cr-p that's a steal! How in heck did you guys find such a steal? Hoping you enjoy this tank, good luck with it. What are going to stock it with?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy cr-p that's a steal! How in heck did you guys find such a steal? Hoping you enjoy this tank, good luck with it. What are going to stock it with?
I have a great shop near me. It's all ada "style" but they quality is fantastic and I honestly can't complain with their prices.

I'm thinking shrimp only, or 'maybe' some kind of microfish. I have a 90p I'm working on as well, so whatever gets too big can go in there.
I love the ADA F tanks, great find! Looking forward to this build.
Thanks! It's actually not ADA ;) shhhhh

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Lucky you, living near a store that carries these ADA style goods. Nice hardscape you got there. Have fun choosing between fish or shrimp. Although with microfish you can still do shrimp.

Ha ha, a 90P. Eventually I want one of those, or a 120P. We need to renovate the basement first though, then the piano can move downstairs, then the tank can go where the piano is.
I'm thinking this is a five year project.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lucky you, living near a store that carries these ADA style goods. Nice hardscape you got there. Have fun choosing between fish or shrimp. Although with microfish you can still do shrimp.

Ha ha, a 90P. Eventually I want one of those, or a 120P. We need to renovate the basement first though, then the piano can move downstairs, then the tank can go where the piano is.
I'm thinking this is a five year project.
Merci! The 120p is an awesome tank, I hope you get it done sooner! Good luck :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Something about that scape grabs me. I actually think it looks great just like that...just add water & no plants lol. @Daisy Mae, you know you want a couple 120-H's

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is an amazing deal. I hope you have luck with the Aquasky though, it may be quite a bit of light being on a 45F vs. a 45P. Scape looks wonderful thus far.
Thank you!

I was actually worried it wouldn't be enough light haha. Part of the reason it was a good deal is because its a knock off - rather decent knock off though

LED Lamp | VG ZY451 LED Lamp 45cm (Plant)

It is slightly less powerful than an authentic aquasky, but i plan on compensating by running shorter photoperiods just in case.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Something about that scape grabs me. I actually think it looks great just like that...just add water & no plants lol. @Daisy Mae, you know you want a couple 120-H's
You're funny, I seem to remember H stands for hernia? Besides, I'm short, the P would be more "Proportional" to my height.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome! Looks like something from the chronicles of riddick! a carpet of dark purple bucephalandra would be crazy in there;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I decided on an Ikea Brimnes cabinet for the stand. For 99CAD it looks pretty nice!

Got some nano lily pipes yesterday so figured it was time to assemble the ikea stand and drill it for pipes and cables

All I need to do now is order my co2 reg from co2art and start the cycle.

I noticed in a recent James Findley video that they tried cycling the aquasoil without lights before adding plants to cut back on all the water changes and prevent algae, so I might give that a shot... I'll do anything to avoid the Cyano plague that led to the teardrown of my 90p....

Probably going to be a while until I get around to that since money will be tight due to my beautiful baby Troia coming home in 3 weeks....

So there is a lot of exciting things coming and I just have to figure out the best way to manage the excitement, money and time!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
https://youtu.be/HEgkV7U8h6w

Video is up. Here are all the specs.

Equipment:

FIRE 45cm shallow tank
VG ZY451 LED Lamp
EHEIM 2211 Canister Filter
VIV Lily Pipes
HYDRO 200w 1/2" Inline Heater