The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cascade 1000..... lost my flow?

842 2
I have a 3 week old Cascade 1000 cannister. It has had a serious decrease in flow. I have cleaned the media in tank water, it was not that dirty. I have tilted it, as I wonder if there is air in it. Still no increase. Wondering if the impellor may need to be cleaned off. Not sure how to do that? Does anyone have a suggestion? Its driving me crazy. I do not want to have to return it and start my cycle over, especially if it is something I can fix.
Thanks! :)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hmm. If it has a floss filter pad, that may need to be replaced. My Marineland C220 came with one that killed the flow pretty quickly. Nothing I did would clean it. Finally, I pulled that and replaced it with a tray full of Polyfil (plushie stuffing), which restored the flow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I set it up I added polyfill on top of the floss that came with it. I actually packed 2 trays with it. Maybe that was overkill? I will remove the one that came with it tomorrow and see of that fixes things. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.