The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 75W light, fluorite substrate and I am planning to build a diy fermenting CO2 system. I bought some dwarf baby tears and they sadly died after 2 weeks of agony. I really don't know what happened... :mad:

NOW:

I was wondering if anyone can provide some EASIER carpeting plant (maximum 1" or 1.5" tall, very dense) that I can use in my tank (30 g).
Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Daniele

·
Banned
934 Posts
Chainswords are decent for carpeting. Parva takes a while to fill in. Once it acclimates it will take off, just be sure to keep your ferts in line or the growth will stagger.

-Gordon
Hate to hijack the thread. But what ferts do you recommend for the parva. I have an inert substrate with root tabs only. Do I need to do any kind of water column dosing?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Chainswords are decent for carpeting. Parva takes a while to fill in. Once it acclimates it will take off, just be sure to keep your ferts in line or the growth will stagger.

-Gordon
I like pigmy chain swords. I started with 3 plants and 38 days later I have 30, these would do great in ur tank and do even better with root tabs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I took a look to the plants you suggested guys. I really like the marsilea minuta. Do you have some of it? will it be fine in medium light condition? I use fert every week (liquid one with iron) and have a fluorite substrate.
Thanks!!!

Also, Gordon and Joe, I saw the pigmy chainsword and it looks great! Any chance you have some?? The pigmy one! because the other look a little bit taller for what I had in mind (maybe I just got the wrong pic).

Thank you!!

Pme if you have any good offer or RAOK!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
staurogyne repens. You do have to trim it about every 2 weeks, but it's a stem and it gets dense. I have it on a nutrient rich substrate with CO2 and WC ferts, under about 1.4 W of T5 light.

I understand it's pretty hardy. The stems are tough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.